You’ve been dreaming about flying since you were little. As Lao Tzu said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.” Let the Patuxent River Navy Flying Club (PRNFC) help you take that first step toward becoming a pilot.
- Education – Flight Instruction that qualifies members for flight certification as a Recreational Pilot, Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Instrument Pilot, or even an endorsement to fly high-performance aircraft.
- Equipment – Access to a variety of aircraft, from the Cessna 172 primary trainer to the high performance Navy trainer from the 1950’s, the T-34B — a genuine warbird!
- Recreation – Club aircraft may be used to take you and your fiends and family on trips to many interesting destinations. It’s a short hop from the base into Easton, MD for breakfast at the airport cafe, or Tangier Island for lunch. You can fly to Ocean City, MD, spend a few hours at the beach, and be home in less time than it takes to drive one way.
- Education – Private Pilot flight and ground instruction, instrument flight and ground instruction, and complex/high performance aircraft endorsements.
- Camaraderie – At PRNFC you will be a member of a unique group of people, from seasoned military aviators to DoD civilians, all who share a passion for flight.
Membership is open to military (active, reserve, and retired), government civilians, DoD contractor personnel, and dependants. For additional information contact us, or stop by the club hangar behind the Post Office on base. You are also invited to attend any monthly safety meeting held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:30 PM at the Clubhouse.
Membership fees include:
- $10 Processing Fee
- $40 First-Time Initiation Fee (waived upon presentation of a Letter of Good Standing from any other military flying club)
- Monthly or Annual Dues as shown:
|Category||Monthly dues||Annual dues with discount (1 month free)|
|Civilian and E-6 or above||$25.00||$275.00|
|E-5 or below||$15.00||$165.00|
PRNFC is a Navy organization, and so adheres to US Navy organizational and operational practices. Please refer to the following documents which outline our organizational structure and policy: